Club Welfare Officers:
- Paul Murphy: 086.1718030 email@example.com
- Roza Ruszczynska: 087 64 52 736 firstname.lastname@example.org
Terenure College RFC Safeguarding Policy Statement regarding the Welfare & Protection of our Age Grade Players
Terenure College RFC is committed to the enjoyment of Rugby by young people. It values and encourages the participation of parents, guardians, sports leaders, and volunteers in the organisation of rugby activities for all age grade players.
The club is committed to respecting the dignity and rights of each individual age grade player, by protecting them from physical, emotional, and sexual harm.
Terenure College RFC is affiliated to the IRFU, who fully support the Irish Sports Council’s “Best Practice Guidelines” with regard to the Welfare & Protection of children in Sport.
Accordingly Terenure College RFC has adopted the IRFU Safeguarding policy
The club in addition is committed to,
- Promoting the voice of the child, in particular through meetings and the AGM. One parent/guardian has one vote for all their children under 18 years of age.
- Ensuring that the Club Management Committee is elected or endorsed by registered Club members at each AGM.
- Adopting and consistently applying a safe and clearly defined method of recruiting and selecting sports leaders.
- Clearly defining the role of committee members, all sports leaders and parents/guardians.
- Having a designated person to act as liaison with the Statutory Authorities in relation to the reporting of allegations or suspicions of child abuse.
- Ensuring best practice throughout the Club by disseminating its code of conduct, including the disciplinary, complaints and appeals procedures in operation within the club to all its members.
- Having in place procedures for dealing with a concern or complaint made to the Statutory Authorities against a Committee Member or Coach, or other members of the Club.
- Enforcing its regulations which stipulate that a Coach who is the subject of an allegation, which has been reported to the Statutory Authorities, will stand aside, while the matter is being examined.
- Ensuring that relevant Coaches report to the Club Management Committee on a regular basis
- Encouraging regular turnover of Committee members, while ensuring continuity and experience.
- Developing effective procedures for responding to and recording accidents.
- Ensuring that any unusual activity (high rate of drop-out, transfers etc.) is checked out and reported to the relevant authorities.
- Ensuring that all Club members are given adequate notice of AGM’s and other meetings.
- Ensuring that all minutes of all meetings (AGM’s/EGM’s/Committee) are recorded and filed safely.